SHIPPING & RETURN
We did all the necessary research for you to guarantee the most customer-friendly and fast courier service. In times of Corona, we count on your understanding should your package be delayed. See also: Update measures Corona. If you have any questions regarding this, do not hesitate to contact us.
We use the best packaging materials to protect the products optimally. Potentially harmful ambient temperatures are also taken into account.
For orders of large quantities - see B2B on Home page- inquire about your volume discounts and specific delivery date.
Shipping can be made to these 28 countries (EU countries and United Kingdom):
Belgium - Bulgaria - Cyprus - Denmark (no islands nor Greenland) - Germany - Estonia - Finland - France (except Monaco and Corsica) - Greece (no islands) - Hungary - Ireland - Italy (except San Marino, Vatican City and no islands) - Croatia - Latvia - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Malta - Netherlands - Austria - Poland - Portugal (no islands) - Romania - Slovenia - Slovakia - Spain (except Andorra, Gibraltar and no islands) - Czech Republic - United Kingdom (except Channel Islands / Isle of Male / N Ireland) - Sweden.
Deliveries are not made to PO boxes.
No packages are sent / received during the weekend or on public holidays. Your package will then leave on the next working day. Once your package has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking code to track your package.
Orders via the GLS courier service depart from our store around 1 pm. Orders via other courier services leave at 4:30 PM.
In case of hot temperatures that are harmful to our products (in Belgium or in another country), we do not ship on Thursday (except Benelux, with a guarantee of delivery within 24 hours) and not on Friday (no shipments). This way, the quality of your order is guaranteed. In the Corona period, in case of high temperatures, shipments are not made on Thursdays nor Fridays. In these circumstances, as soon as we can guarantee the delivery time of 24 hours, we will send again on Thursday (Benelux only).
The products are optimally protected with suitable packaging materials. Partly thanks to these precautions, BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote cannot be held liable for damage caused by transport and associated costs.
Should there be a delay in the delivery term, for whatever reason (force majeure, incorrect or incomplete address, extreme crowds at the courier service ...), this can in no way lead to compensation and we cannot be held liable.
If the buyer has provided an incorrect or incomplete delivery address, it is his responsibility and this may give rise to additional costs that will be recovered from the buyer. The buyer then also loses the right to a refund and costs for a new shipment are borne by the buyer. Please read the Update Corona measures (see below) for any changes in this regard.
In the absence of the receiver, the shipment will be taken to a collection point. If it is not collected there within 7 days, the package will be returned to BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote. In the aforementioned case, the shipment will not be eligible for refund if it contains products with a limited shelf life (shelf life less than 3 months after shipment). Costs for a new shipment are borne by the buyer. Please read the Update Corona measures (see below) for any changes in this regard.
The purchaser has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without a statement of reason. The withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the purchaser or a third person designated by the purchaser, who is not the carrier, physically takes possession of the shipment.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for the purchaser to send its communication (via post or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) concerning its exercise of the right of withdrawal to BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote (Market Square 7,8900 IEPER – BELGIUM) before the withdrawal period has expired.
If the purchaser withdraws from the contract, he must return the goods to BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote at his own risk and costs. This needs to happen as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the day on which the purchaser has notified the decision to withdraw from the contract.
The purchaser is liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of these goods other than what is necessary to establish the quality of the goods.
This right of withdrawal does not apply in following cases:
- the supply of goods specially designed for the User;
- the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or have a limited shelf life;
- the supply of goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
UPDATE MEASURES CORONA:
- No signature for receipt on the deliverer's scanners. The deliverer himself signs under the view of the recipient 1.5 meters away.
- Due to the high increase in parcels to consumers and the corona measures, the delivery time of your shipments is at least one day longer in Germany.
- The following postal codes in Austria are not available for collection or delivery of shipments. The packages are held locally until they can be delivered: 6653, 6555, 6561, 6562, 6563, 6580.
- No signature for receipt. The deliverer will note the recipient's name along with the code C-19 or COVID-19.
- Due to the high volume of shipments in Belgium, your package may be delayed by 1 or more days. Especially take into account delays in your return packages.
- Shipping to and from collection points is not possible for Germany, United Kingdom: all shops are closed there.
- Take into account significant delays in Germany due to the various border controls. For the time being, only home deliveries are possible in Germany.
- Due to the purchase of shipments in France, DPD France is only active on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Take delays into account.
- There is temporarily no delivery or collection possible in the following postal codes in Austria: 6553, 6555, 6561, 6562, 6563, 6580, 9844, 6764, 6763, 6762, 6767, 6888.
- Delivery in the Czech Republic is not possible for certain postal codes: postal codes 78321, 78324, 78391 and 78401
- GLS uses paper delivery documents instead of scanners, so that the recipient can sign with his own pen. Power of attorney is also possible.
- For deliveries to all European countries, parcels are automatically returned to and at the expense of the sender after a failed delivery attempt.
- In the UK, packages are returned to the sender after the first failed delivery attempt.
- Take into account major delays in France due to the high volume of shipments and the shortage of personnel. This is especially true for the Paris region.