SHIPPING & RETURN
We did all the necessary research for you to guarantee the most customer-friendly and fast courier service. In times of Corona, we count on your understanding should your package be delayed. See also: Update measures Corona. If you have any questions regarding this, do not hesitate to contact us.
We use the best packaging materials to protect the products optimally. Potentially harmful ambient temperatures are also taken into account.
For orders of large quantities, inquire about your volume discounts and specific delivery date.
Shipping can be made to these 28 countries (EU countries and United Kingdom):
Belgium - Bulgaria - Cyprus - Denmark (no islands nor Greenland) - Germany - Estonia - Finland - France (except Monaco and Corsica) - Greece (no islands) - Hungary - Ireland - Italy (except San Marino, Vatican City and no islands) - Croatia - Latvia - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Malta - Netherlands - Austria - Poland - Portugal (no islands) - Romania - Slovenia - Slovakia - Spain (except Andorra, Gibraltar and no islands) - Czech Republic - United Kingdom (except Channel Islands / Isle of Man/ N Ireland) - Sweden.
Deliveries are not made to postbox adresses.
No packages are sent / received during the weekend nor on public holidays. Your package will then leave on the next working day. Once your package has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking code to track your package.
Orders via the GLS courier service depart from our store around 10.30 am. Orders via other courier services leave also later in the day.
In case of hot temperatures that are harmful to our products (in Belgium or in another country), we do not ship on Thursday (except Benelux, with a guarantee of delivery within 24 hours) and not on Friday (no shipments). This way, the quality of your order is guaranteed. In the Corona period, in case of high temperatures, shipments are not made on Thursdays nor Fridays. In these circumstances, as soon as we can guarantee the delivery time of 24 hours, we will send again on Thursday (Benelux only).
The products are optimally protected with suitable packaging materials. Partly thanks to these precautions, BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote cannot be held liable for damage caused by transport and associated costs.
Should there be a delay in the delivery term, for whatever reason (force majeure, incorrect or incomplete address, extreme pressure at the courier service ...), this can in no way lead to compensation and we cannot be held liable.
If the buyer has provided an incorrect or incomplete delivery address, it is his responsibility and this may give rise to additional costs that will be recovered from the buyer. The buyer then also loses the right to a refund and costs for a new shipment are borne by the buyer. Please read the Update Corona measures (see below) for any changes in this regard.
In the absence of the receiver, the shipment will be taken to a collection point. If it is not collected there within 7 days, the package will be returned to BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote. In the aforementioned case, the shipment will not be eligible for refund if it contains products with a limited shelf life (shelf life less than 3 months after shipment). Costs for a new shipment are borne by the buyer. Please read the Update Corona measures (see below) for any changes in this regard.
The purchaser has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without a statement of reason. The withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the purchaser or a third person designated by the purchaser, who is not the carrier, physically takes possession of the shipment.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for the purchaser to send his communication (via post or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) concerning its exercise of the right of withdrawal to BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote (Market Square 7,8900 IEPER – BELGIUM) before the withdrawal period has expired.
If the purchaser withdraws from the contract, he must return the goods to BVBA Chocolaterie Hans De Groote at his own risk and costs. This needs to happen as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the day on which the purchaser has notified the decision to withdraw from the contract.
The purchaser is liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of these goods other than what is necessary to establish the quality of the goods.
This right of withdrawal does not apply in following cases:
- the supply of goods specially designed for the User;
- the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or have a limited shelf life;
- the supply of goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
UPDATE MEASURES CORONA:
- No signature for receipt on the deliverer's scanners. The deliverer himself signs under the view of the recipient 1.5 metres away.
- Due to hte extra COVID-19 measures, Belgium has to process many more shipments. You must therefore take into account delays of 2 to 4 days.
- Due to the high increase in parcels to consumers and the corona measures, the delivery time of your shipments is at least one day longer in Germany. When a business receiver in Germany is closed, the shipment is returned to the sender. As a result, there is a delay for parcels leaving via Germany to Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece.
- The maximum dimensions for parcels to Greece are currently limited to 40x40x40cm. Parcels that are larger, are immediately returned during sorting.
- No signature for receipt. The deliverer will note the recipient's name along with the code C-19 or COVID-19.
- The Pickup network is 95% available in Europe. In Belgium this is slightly later, at 85%. Take into account a maximum delay of 1 day.
- There are no more extreme delays at the borders.
- GLS offers the possibility to deliver without signature of receipt, a delivery authorization is also possible.
- GLS can no longer guarantee the shipments of our products to the United Kingdom. This is a consequence of the BREXIT situation.
- Country-specific regulations are in effect, whereby the full name, date and time are required in the registration of a delivered package.
- Only packages under 31.5 kg can be shipped via the Freights network.